From a grain store to a storehouse of knowledge
Zwickau City Library provides residents a place to learn, read and meet – or just relax with a daily newspaper.
The historic building is located in the city centre of Zwickau, Saxony. After its original construction in 1481, it was used as a communal grain store. Over the past years great restoration and preservation efforts were made to transform this building into a true centre of education and opportunity, serving everyone from toddlers to seniors.
The library holds more than 150,000 items such as books, magazines, DVDs, CDs, e-books and notes. With its record collection Zwickau City Library opens a door into the world of music.
As one of the largest libraries in Saxony it offers computer areas, a children’s area as well as public meeting space.
Katharinenstraße 44A, 08056 Zwickau, Germany